Tuesday, March 15, 2011

The First of the Waiting

After spending a few days washing (and ironing!) what felt like every article of clothing in my home, I finally packed up all our stuff and headed to Utah.  Saying goodbye to Daddy wasn't fun, but the girls were excited to get to Grandma and Grandpa's house.  Plus - my sister and her kids were visiting as well.  So after a very pleasant five-and-a-half-hour drive (the girls were so good!) we arrived.  It was chaos as expected with all the kids running around together, but a happy chaos just the same.  And Grandma whipped up a batch of homemade doughnuts, too, so that was fun and tasty as well!

Then this morning the kids played until it was time for my sister to go home.  That left me and my girls at my parents home by ourselves. (My parents had somewhere to be.) Not that this is a bad situation--my girls have happily been playing on the swingset in the backyard together, etc.,--just sort of strange.  Meaning I just feel kind of out of my element today.  I am here in Utah, but I am just waiting to get started.  Really this whole process involves a LOT of waiting, so I better get used to it.

No comments: